Well that didn't work...

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Tue Jun 21 02:12:36 EDT 2005

Hi Todd,

It's part of learning the event queue and what events you can catch.

when you type
in your field's script for example you can add something like this...
sorry not tested. But it should do the trick or get you there...

cheers
Xavier

on tabkey
  get the selectedchunk
  if it is empty then pass keyup
  put the number of lines in char 1 to char (word 2 of it) of me into
thisline
  if word 4 of it is a number and word 4 of it 4 word 2 of it then
    put thisline + the number of lines in the selectedtext of me into
tothisline
  else put thisline into tothisline
  if the shiftkey is down
  then unindent thisline,tothisline
  else indentLines thisline,tothisline
  -- optional
  if it is not empty then
    select line thisline to tothisline of me
  end if
end tabkey

on unindentLines a,b
  lock screen
  repeat with x = a to b
    if char 1 of line x of me is tab then delete char 1 of line x of me
  end repeat
end unindentLines

on indentLines  a,b
  lock screen