updating a shared stack

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Mon Jun 20 15:37:56 EDT 2005

Jon wrote:

> I wanted to upload a revised version of a stack to my User Space, but
> could find no way to do that.  I had to upload it into a new "slot",
> re-entering all of the text data, which seemed unnecessary.  Is there
> an easier way to do this?

Briefly .... just do "Share stack" again on the same stack.

In detail: When you first upload a stack (using Share stack), a
fingerprint is added to your stack. You should then save the stack, so
that fingerprint is saved. Then any time you "Share stack" and it
already has a fingerprint in it, that will overwrite the previous version.

There was some discussion recently about the corollary to this - if you
make a copy of a stack that has already been shared, even if you then
change the stack name and file name, sharing this new stack will
overwrite the earlier one.  So take care to either not make copies of
stacks that have been shared, or to go in and delete the fingerprint
before uploading the new one.

You can do that in the IDE, if you select "View / Revolution UI elements
in lists", then inspect the stack, look at custom properties, select the
customproperty set "cRevonline" and then delete "fingerprint"