Food Fight

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Jun 20 14:39:19 EDT 2005

On Jun 19, 2005, at 11:31 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Erik Hansen wrote:
>> the heated emotions over scripting conventions,
>> literally involving a food fight,
>
> Yes, for the record let it be known that none other than the
> otherwise-mild-mannered Dar Scott threw food at Ken and I during our
> discussion of "Hungarian-lite" notation, complete with a flailing of
> arms and shouts of "Keep your purity out of my code!"
>
> Since they were packages of peanut butter M&Ms and were rather good,
> Dar has been invited to throw food at all presenters at all future Rev
> conferences.

In truth, I'd rather not use "Hungarian-lite" on parameters and
handler-local variables and I think <publisher>_<module>_ prefixes on
command and function names can get long.  (Though I would use those if
a customer asks for them in a coding standard.)  However, Ken and
Richard were quite persuasive, made some good arguments, and were not
pushy at all. I had to applaud and I almost regretted buying all that
throwable food at the corner market.  Almost.

I did hear references to "anarchist" after that.

Dar Scott