Ann: Simple Spirograph-like toy program.

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Mon Jun 20 10:06:58 EDT 2005

On Jun 20, 2005, at 5:11 AM, Alex Tweedly wrote:

> Very nice change, thank you.
>
> I do have one question though - you changed the
>  wait 1 millisecond with messages
>  wait 3 millisecond with messages
>
> Is that a significant change ?
> It goes faster with 1 ms wait, so I was curious if there's a need
> to change it, or if you simply preferred the look of it "drawing"
> like you'd get with a real Spirograph rather than the lines just
> "appearing" quickly.

I assumed you wanted it to appear to "draw," rather than simply
appear. If you want it to go as fast as possible, change the
statement to this:

wait 0 milliseconds with messages

It will still work the way you intend, and draw much, much faster. So
fast that you might consider simply holding off and setting the
points only at the end, because it will be near instantaneous.

gc