Ann: Simple Spirograph-like toy program.

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Mon Jun 20 08:11:48 EDT 2005

Geoff Canyon wrote:

> On Jun 18, 2005, at 6:47 AM, Alex Tweedly wrote:
>
>> In Revonline, under alextweedly (or under category Games), called
>> Spirograph
>>
>> Very simple, but quite fun (and totally dependent on accurate  slider
>> values :-)
>

> Alex, I made a few changes to the script that I liked, so here they
> are. This adds a display of the number of points in the graphic,
> useful for scaring myself about making rev crash ;-) It also changes
> the frequency of updates to the graphic, making it time-dependent so
> that the field/graphic aren't updated needlessly -- instead it
> refreshes about 20-30 times per second, which retains the nice smooth
> feel of the original, while working much faster, especially at the
> end as the point count piles up.

Very nice change, thank you.

I do have one question though - you changed the
  wait 1 millisecond with messages
  wait 3 millisecond with messages

Is that a significant change ?
It goes faster with 1 ms wait, so I was curious if there's a need to
change it, or if you simply preferred the look of it "drawing" like
you'd get with a real Spirograph rather than the lines just "appearing"
quickly.

I put these changes into the Spirograph stack, made a corresponding
change to Harmonograph, and updated the RevOnline Version of both.
RevOnline / alextweedly / Spirograph   and   Harmonograph