Copy card question from 1 stack file to another

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Mon Jun 20 02:45:38 EDT 2005

Hi Jim,

When you paste any object, Rev can't know it is the same as a
previous one you have pasted (even the ID is the same some properties
could have been changed in the meantime in the source object).
So it's a normal behaviour to see new objects created with new IDs
allocated.
To avoid this, you can copy/paste the first card then create new
cards in the second stack and finally import the texts into the fields.
When you create new cards, groups the background behaviour of which
is set to true are only "placed" (see this command) and then keep the
same ID.

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

Le 19 juin 05 à 22:28, Jim Bufalini a écrit :

> Hi everyone,
>
> This has to be simple, but it has me stumped.
>
> I am running rev 2.51 on WinXP
>
> I am copying 20 cards from one stack file to a separate stack in
> another
> file. The cards have two objects I am interested in, an option menu
> button
> and a scrolling field. Selecting the option menu switches cards and
> displays
> the text of the field on that card. This all works fine in the
> original
> stack.
>
> In the original stack, the option menu has the same ID across all
> cards.
> (1784). The field also has the same ID across all cards.(1785). And
> the two
> objects are grouped and set as background. The option menu button
> is set to
> Display name.
>
> After I copy the 20 cards to anther stack in a separate file,
> everything
> looks the same (grouping, settings, etc.), however each option menu
> and
> field has a unique ID in each card. So, when I select an option
> from the
> option menu, it goes to the right card and displays the proper text
> in the
> field, BUT, the display name of the option menu button is
> "floating" and
> random from card to card.
>
> How do I copy the cards so that they are identical and work the
> same in both
> stack files?

So Smart Software

Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62