relative path help

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Thu Jun 16 19:07:29 EDT 2005

> on mouseup
>  set the hideConsoleWindows to true
>   put myApps\Folder() & "\Components\PDATconv.exe /I" && quote &
> --just wordwrapping here
> myAppsFolder() & "\Components\Armbase.xdf" & quote into mycommandline
>   get shell(mycommandline)
>
> endmouseup
>
> when I substitute this in it does not work.

Hi Bob,

According to a later email, you are finding the apps folder and
putting it into a global variable called gMyAppsFolder. In the script
above, you are calling a function: myAppsFolder to get the same data.

Try this:

on mouseup
  global gMyAppsFolder
  set the hideConsoleWindows to true
  put gMyAppsFolder & "\Components\PDATconv.exe /I" && quote & \
    gMyAppsFolder & "\Components\Armbase.xdf" & quote into mycommandline
  get shell(mycommandline)
end mouseup

Cheers,
Sarah