relative path help

Bob Hartley rev at armbase.com
Thu Jun 16 15:37:17 EDT 2005

Hi All

I have managed (with the help of a script of Sarah's to create dynamic paths
and in turn creatre an absoute path to my apps folder. I also changed the /
to a \ for using the shell.

eg
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq\My

Now I want to have this as part of a script that runs an app from the
command line.

The old script was "hardwired" to one folder (C:\Armbase etc) and works.
the old script is
on mouseup
 set the hideConsoleWindows to true
--space put in to assist reading
  put "c:\Armbase\Components\PDATconv.exe /I" && quote & "c
---note no carridge return here, just wordwrapping
\Armbase\Components\Armbase.xdf" & quote into mycommandline

  get shell(mycommandline)

  put url("file:c:\Armbase\Components\Armbase.txt") into tFile

end mouseup

sarah suggested put myAppsFolder() & "\Components\PDATconv.exe" into tPath

so I used

on mouseup
 set the hideConsoleWindows to true
  put myApps\Folder() & "\Components\PDATconv.exe /I" && quote &
--just wordwrapping here
myAppsFolder() & "\Components\Armbase.xdf" & quote into mycommandline
  get shell(mycommandline)

endmouseup

when I substitute this in it does not work.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Bob