Report Printing for Other Newbies

Ron Noice ron at ecionmicroed.com
Thu Jun 16 07:57:28 EDT 2005

In my entire Revolution career (a whole two months) the most exasperating problem in a long list has been the inability to print multi-page, tabular reports. I've tried the available demos, I've read the messages, I've tried to decipher the docs, I've determined that pounding the desk does not help. Nothing I've yet seen gave me what I needed though I may have missed something. Quartam Reports looks like it may be the answer but I needed a solution for a client right now.

Soooo, I eventually came up with a method that worked for me in Windows XP (your mileage may differ). And, though I may live to regret it, I've created a small demo stack and published it in RevOnline for your amusement: User = ronn, Category = General, Title = ReportTest. The demo attempts to explain the process I'm using and lets you try it out by experimenting with different size reports and different line spacing to ensure the page breaks work properly.

Hopefully, other newbies may be able to modify it for their own use and experienced users can just have a good laugh! My ulterior motive is that I'm hoping someone with an actual brain can suggest ways to improve it. Anyway, it's out there now and I don't see a way to delete it so if you're desperate for something to fill the time, give it a shot.

... Ron