open stack problem

Bob Hartley rev at armbase.com
Wed Jun 15 15:57:29 EDT 2005

You wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> > Hi Al.
>
> although my name is not Al, I will try to answer ;-)

:-)

OK Hi all

> > I have a button with this script
> >
> > on mouseUp
> >   doFileOpen
> > end mouseUp
> >
> > And in the stack script
> >
> > on doFileOpen
> >     answer file "Select a database file:" \
> >         with filter "Armbase Database File" & return & "*.abd"
> >   if it is empty then exit to top
> >   toplevel stack it
> > end doFileOpen
> >
> > I even commented out the if it is empty line with no luck either.
> >
> > Is there a problem with this script?
>
> Yep, the RETURN is wrong...
>
> Try this: ... with filter "Armbase Database File,*.abd" ...

I tried this Klaus but no luck

the only one I now get to work is

answer file "Select a database file:" \
         with filter "*.abd"
         --with filter "Armbase Database File" & return & "*.abd"
          --with filter "Armbase Database File" & "*.abd"
   if it is empty then exit to top
  put it into tFileName
  toplevel stack it
end doFileOpen

I get a dialogue box but when I click on "open" I dont get a stack. It may
be a stack corrupt problem since I can open one with a different name from
the default, however, even if I delete the previous default mydatabase.abd
and resave a new one I still can't open it?? Weird

All the best
Bob