minor bug

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jun 15 11:35:41 EDT 2005

On 6/12/05 7:21 AM, Jon wrote:

> I created a Group to hold two Radio Buttons.  I entered a Label to
> identify the purpose of the Group.  I then had to check a box called
> "Display name" in order to display the Label. Not the Name, the Label.
> The name of this box is wrong: it should be "Display label".
>
> A nit, I know, but every little bit of clarification helps the novice...

True. The deal is, sometimes (perhaps even usually) it really is the name.

If you give a group a name and no label, then the name displays. If you
add a label, then the label overrides and displays instead. This is the
same behavior that happens with button names too -- if there is no
label, you see the actual button name, otherwise, the label shows.

Since an awful lot of people name their groups exactly as they would
like the text displayed and omit the label entirely, I suspect "name" is
used more often than "label".

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com