Help: script works fine in dev not in standalone

Bob Hartley rev at armbase.com
Tue Jun 14 17:59:43 EDT 2005

You wrote:

Hi Emilio
>  >To move the buttons around the screen simply use
> Yeah, the problem isn't that I didn't have code to move the buttons,
> rather, when I compile the .rev file the buttons no longer functioned as
> they had when I created them in development.

Ahh now I see. I'm stumped with that one???????

>  > I guess this leads to a more general question, one that i asked a
> few days
>  > ago, but obviously didn't quite figure out, and that is, I need an
>  > application to load sub stacks.  I need the sub stack to perform some
>  > non-interruptible task, and then pass control back to the parent
> stack.
>  > They need to share data.  is it silly to compile the parent stack and
>  > leave all sub stacks as .rev files?
>
> No this is not silly, however, you may want to have some things declared
> as "globals" in the standalone and then call the holder or function from
> the .rev file. This could be one of the problems in the stack navigation.
>
> Yeah this is exactly what i'm doing. :)  I create an array in the parent:
> global settings["someVar"] and then create a global variable of the same
> name in the child: global settings

do you m,ean that you have two globals with the same name?

I'mnot sure how that would work but surely they will compete when you call
the global...which one to chose? Could that be the problem?
What happens if you rename one?

> If I open a stack from within a standalone application, does it matter
> whether the second stack is compiled or not?  what are the primary
> differences between opening a compiled or non-compiled stack as a sub
> stack?

Should be none as far as I know. I have an app that clones a substack and
then I can open this cloned substack (just a .rev file) as often as I want
and have it do things..... No problem.

I'm sure some of the gurus will be along shortly with the definitive answer

cheers
bob