Updating new builds

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Tue Jun 14 14:59:09 EDT 2005

Stephen....

On Jun 14, 2005, at 11:36 AM, Stephen Barncard wrote:

> I'd like to keep everything updated, but the only good way to
> install Rev seems to be start from scratch with a fresh install,
> and drop in certain stacks one knows for sure that one needs from
> the older folder.

This has been a complaint of mine from the beginning and every time
there's a new release, I gripe about it some more. I know RunRev does
understand the problem and plans to fix it at some point. My guess is
it'll be part of the next major rev of the product, which Kevin has
intimated will come in less than a year's time.

As it is, semi-manually updating everything is the only way I know of
to make sure everything is as it should be once an upgrade is complete.