Updating new builds

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Tue Jun 14 14:36:49 EDT 2005

ha! I'm back at build 91. Early adopter, I guess.

I have a good question. While we're talking about updating with new
'builds' what exactly should be replaced besides the engine? What is
everyone out there doing? In the first public 2.6 last week, casual
observation revealed there were several internal stacks that had been
updated, not just the engine.

It's not really clear what stacks in a rev package get updated or
not. There seems to be a blur between Rev and User areas. I have a
lot of plugins and settings files and image libraries and upgrading
is a time consuming process. Perhaps I'll have to make a 'clean
installer' (like I used to use with Mac OS 9).

I'd like to keep everything updated, but the only good way to install
Rev seems to be start from scratch with a fresh install, and drop in
certain stacks one knows for sure that one needs from the older
folder.

It would be nice to know the build and version numbers before
downloading. Also I always have to rename the downloaded .pkg files-
they're all named the same. (I keep fresh versions of all builds I
download).