is there a better way to do this?

Claudi Cornaz claudi at fiberworld.nl
Tue Jun 14 06:03:50 EDT 2005

Hi Björnke,

I can't get your sugestion to work. That's why I do it with a do
command.
I tried the following script. (uTestSet[uValue] is "Yes")

on mouseUp
   put "uTestSet" into tVar
   put the tVar[uValue] of this stack into fld "debug"
   put cr & "-----" & cr after fld "debug"
   put "put the" && tVar & "[uValue] of this stack after fld" && quote &
"debug" & quote into tCommandStr
   do tCommandStr
end mouseUp

The result is:

-----
Yes

As you can see the first line is empty and when done with the do
construct it works. (the line after ------)

What am I doing wrong?

Best wishes
Claudi