Dreamcard, am I missing something?

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Mon Jun 13 10:49:09 EDT 2005

There is no option to disable the Online Viewer in the DreamCard player,
since the Online Viewer is the only way to open a stack.  That is the crux
of my complaint.

If the player gave people a normal open file dialog, it would be
easier.  It took me a while to realize I had to hit the folder icon to open
a stack on the disk.  It would also be nice if you could double click a
.rev file on Windows and have it launch the player.  I think one problem
with this working is that the player on Windows isn't really just a
player.  It is a short cut that is run with "-player."

If you double click the Authorware runtime, it presents a get file dialog
asking what to run.  That would seem to be less confusing than the Online
Viewer.  Perhaps it could have a button on the Get File dialog that says
"Browse Online Stacks" if the user spaces online are a common way to
distribute Dreamcard stacks.