Dreamcard, am I missing something?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jun 11 00:57:40 EDT 2005

Dan Shafer wrote:
 > On Jun 10, 2005, at 1:34 PM, Mark Swindell wrote:
 >> Yes, but it shouldn't oughta have to come down to that.  I dislike
 >> intervening screens when I open my stacks, or any program, for that
 >> matter.  It's just not polite behavior to jump into the middle of
 >> things without being invited
 >
 > Then  you should buy the full version of Revolution so you can create
 > standalone applications for which there are NO splash screen or other
 > attribution requirements.
 >
 > One of the differences between Dreamcard and Revolution is precisely
 > this ability.

If I read Mark's original post (and I could just as well have misread
it;apologies if I did), the splash screen in DC's player isn't the
problem.  If I understood the complaint correctly the problem is that
even if you launch the player by double-clicking a document, the player
doesn't recognize how it was launched and presents a GetFile dialog
anyway.

If confirmed I would consider that a bug; launching apps by
double-clicking documents is such a pervasive convention that I can't
imagine not being able to do that is what RunRev intended.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation