Details on the read/write issue

Brent Anderson brentj84062 at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 10 19:33:23 EDT 2005

Hello.

I'm using the open/read/write file commands, not the put data into
url method. When it loads stack it gets the effective filename of the
stack and narrows it down to the directory the stack is located in.
It then appends "/data" to that path and sets the defaultFolder to it.

 From here on out, whenever the stack needs to work with files in
directories, it puts together the file path it will be using and then
does whatever reading or writing it needs to do. The files themselves
are just regular text, but the files themselves are read as binary
because eventually I may choose to compress or encrypt them so users
can't mess with them from the outside.

Thanks,
Brent Anderson