Problems with Rev and Apple's Bluetooth wireless keyboard (??)

Howard Bornstein howard.bornstein at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 17:32:51 EDT 2005

On 6/10/05, Lynch, Jonathan <bnz2 at cdc.gov> wrote:
> Perhaps the other programs are working in a different way?
>
> If you have the shiftkey down, and press a key, that would send a
> different raw character number than if you have the shiftkey up.

Right. The rawkeydown handler shows this difference. It just doesn't
show anything (nor does "if the shiftkey is down") when I'm only
pressing the shiftkey and no other key.

> The other programs that work with the shiftkey on your keyboard might be
> detecting the raw character number that is sent when they shiftkey is
> down while you press a standard key, rather than detecting whether or
> not the shiftkey is actually down.

iPhoto reacts when the option key is pressed with no other keys being
pressed. That's what I want to be able to do in Rev (and can do with
any other keyboard).

While I don't need a raw character number, I do need to be able to
respond to "if the optionkey is down", which I can with a regular
keyboard but which no longer works on the wireless one. :-(

--
Regards,

Howard Bornstein