Problems with Rev and Apple's Bluetooth wireless keyboard (??)

Howard Bornstein howard.bornstein at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 14:41:21 EDT 2005

On 6/10/05, Alex Tweedly <alex at tweedly.net> wrote:

> I would bet the Bluetooth keyboard is saving power by not transmitting
> any info to let the machine know when "unimportant" keys such as shift,
> option, etc. are depressed and released. It probably only sends that
> info when a "real" key - i.e. one which represents a character - is
> pressed.

Ugh. This would be bad. I often use a "if the shiftkey is down" or an
"if the optionkey is down" in a mouseup handler to provide special
features. If you're right, this will no longer work for wireless
keyboard users.

> There *might* (if you're very lucky) be an option setting in
> the keyboard or keyboard driver to control that - but I'd bet against it.

I have no idea how to access the keyboard driver. :-(

Here's a thought. iPhoto uses the option-down key to change the
rotation icon from left to right. I just tried it and pressing the
optionkey by itself does, in fact, cause the button to change. So the
keyboard is obviously sending out the code. Why doesn't Revolution get
it?

Any other ideas?

--
Regards,