Is there a better way of scanning this list ?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Jun 10 13:28:50 EDT 2005

Bob-

Friday, June 10, 2005, 9:26:29 AM, you wrote:

BE> I continue to be amazed at how much useful information passes through this
BE> list on a daily basis, and the incredible speed that one gets a response to
BE> ones questions (many, many, thanks to all!!), however even with digests set
BE> the time one spends browsing is a lot and I was wondering if anybody had
BE> developed a stack to read the list in a more intelligent manner.

Well, for searching the archives online you can always use
http://www.ahsoftware.net/ArchiveSearch.html , but for browsing it's
hard to beat gmane.

I've found several issues with digest mode - I still use it, but once
in a while there's a digest missing and I have to go to gmane to find
out what I've missed. Also sometimes messages will have extraneous
earlier messages added to the bottom that have nothing to do with the
thread. Annoying.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net