AppleEvents: Revo is back

David Brooks dbrooks at unlserve.unl.edu
Fri Jun 10 12:40:19 EDT 2005

We use RunRev with appleEvents on Macs as Web backends. (Yes, it's old
fashioned, but that's the way we are.)

To keep the profession from becoming overcrowded, RunRev has changed
the magic 4-letter creator code at various times from MCRD to/from
Revo.

It seems as if RunRev 2.5 is MCRD. RunRev 2.6 seems to be Revo.

Many thanks to Randy Sargent (who helped us develop the means of
connecting RunRev to Apache through a perl script) for pointing this
out.  Randy was tripped by a version change away from Revo.  Today we
discovered that we were being tripped up in 2.6 because ---
          Revo is back!

Dave B.