Watch out for 2.6 then going back to 2.5

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Thu Jun 9 22:07:19 EDT 2005

Richard,Sarah,Mark,Jon

I found the problem and my face is a bit red.  It was not stack
corruption, it was a caused by a typo that caused a missing global
declaration.  The error just by coincidence happened to occur during
the few hours I was trying to run on 2.6.  I had so many reverts
during that time, I must have messed up an edit.  The reason I was so
confused, was that when I hit debug in the error window, it showed me
the line, but the variable watcher was in a different context which
had the global listed but did not have j listed.  Typing into the
message box used the variable watcher context.  I am usually pretty
good with debugging problems (even though I am still new with Rev)
but I was led astray by what I thought the tool was showing me.
However, in trying to duplicate the context error now, I can't.  It
does the right thing.  So now I am wondering if it was somehow
operator error.  I usually figure operator error, but this time I may
have been too quick to blame 2.6 because I ran into so many other
problems so quickly when I tried using it --blame the one with the
long rap sheet that was in the vicinity.  I will not likely repeat
this mistake.

Thank you for the help.
I am sorry to have caused you any inconvenience.
My apologies to 2.6 for being accused of a crime it did not commit.
Thank goodness I can recover from this.

Dennis