Watch out for 2.6 then going back to 2.5

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Thu Jun 9 16:59:47 EDT 2005

I could use some help.  I am not sure how to approach trying to
recover my stack.  I have lots of backups, but I have to go back many
revisions to find a stack the does not produce this error (prior to
my brief encounter with 2.6).  My stack is just one card, but it has
many groups and hundreds of objects, and many new objects, most of
which I have added or altered the properties and scripts since the
good backup (I was restructuring the script organization and also
added more functionality).  Thank goodness for Chipp Walters
altArchive plugin.  Because of it I started making many more backup
versions than I used to.  Anyway I have two stacks an old one that
works and a new one with several days of extensive changes that is
somehow corrupted in one or more ways.  If I copy objects over, I get
all the changes, but do I get the corruption also?  The corrupted
script is at the card level, but it seems like it is the engine that
is failing at runtime, but the same engine runs the old stack, the
compiler does not complain.  I tried deleting the card scripts and
replacing them, but that did not help.  I am just not sure how to
approach it to make sure I don't waste more time, and I get a good
stack.

Dennis