Watch out for 2.6 then going back to 2.5

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Thu Jun 9 12:19:52 EDT 2005

I switched to 2.6 for a few hours, and during that time I made some
edits and saved a stack I have been working on for some months.
I switched back to 2.5.1 due to bugs so I could continue development
on my stack.  The stack acts goofy now.
Here is a snippet of code:

   repeat with j=1 to 20
       put j --mssg box contains 1
       get Typ[min(i+1+j,DateLines)] --error on this line

          executing at 11:59:32 AM
Type    Function: error in source expression
Object    card id 1002
Line    get Typ[min(i+1+j,DateLines)]
Hint    card id 1002

The error is complaining that j has not been defined yet!!!!
When I look at the variable watcher, j is missing.  If I 'put j' in
the mssg box it is also missing.
If I execute the get statement in the mssg box and substitute 1 for j
then it works.

I think I have just lost another 2 days work due to 2.6  :-(

I have to assume that 2.6 was rushed to meet the Tiger announcement
and did not go through the proper beta cycle.  Who does Beta testing
for these releases anyway?

Dennis