Message box hides, then does not reappear

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 17:03:39 EDT 2005

Debugging technique I use:
On the *very first* line of the Stack script I put...
(watch the line wraps)

on debugStop
    put "" into temp -- does nothing but allows a red debug checkpoint to be
set
end debugStop

Then somewhere else I have...

on codeThatRuns
    --
    repeat with x = 1 to the number of cards
        if the optionKey is down and the shiftKey is down and the controlKey

    put ³yes² into busy
    repeat while busy is ³yes²
        if the optionKey is down and the shiftKey is down and the controlKey
is down then debugStop
        --something will ³put Œno¹ into busy² to terminate this loop
        --if I forget this, I can debugStop, change busy to ³no², then RUN
again
        put ³doing busy == ³ & busy & ³ in codeThatRuns²  --which shows in
the message box
    end repeat
    put ³done with all tasks²

End codeThatRuns

The issue is that I have progress messages being put and when I drop into
the debugStop, the edit window comes forward, I can stepIn and so on, but
when I click RUN, the message box remains hidden.  Is there a way to get the
message box to show again after the script edit window has gained focus with
my mouse click?

My current work around is to also post the progress message to a fld on the
current card.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas
ps..a bit verbose, but this will help the new users.