Call vs Send

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Wed Jun 8 16:57:35 EDT 2005

Richard,

Going through your tutorial is what made me try to improve my scripts
with call.  I thought that the call would execute a script in another
place but keep the context of where it was called from.  So 'me'
would be the field that the call originated from and not the card
that the script was in.  But after a test, it looks like that is not
the case --too bad.  It is the target that returns the name of my
field, but the group name is left off which is bad for me because I
have the same name repeated in many differently named groups. I have
groups of fields and buttons that are created from templates on the
fly, along with many saved values for each (in custom properties).
These are related to various setup conditions for running
simulations.  I obviously want the minimum  scripts in the
duplicates, and most of the script in a common place where changes
are manageable.  Perhaps you should be prepared to make sure nobody
else makes this mistake in your tutorial.

Thanks,
Dennis