Scripts for decoratiosn?

Martin Baxter martin at materiaprima.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Jun 8 16:04:54 EDT 2005

>Hi all!
>
>Are there scripts out there for doing exactly what the maximize,
>minimize, and close window decorations of a stacks's title bar do?
>If possible, I would like to have the same functionality of the title
>bar, but in a custom shaped stack.  And if this is possible, I assume
>the scripts would be different for Windows, OSX and MacOS?
>
>Cheers!
>
>Lars

Lars,

Well, the close box would be: "close this stack", I should think.

To minimise and unminimise you set the stack's "iconic" property to true or
false. Don't know OSX but Win and MacOS can use the same code.
More problematic can be bringing a window to the front after you have
unminimised it (by script). In my experience this is not always automatic,
and

set the iconic of stack "X" to true

may need to be followed by

go stack "X"

or something like that, to make this happen.

To maximise you would probably do your best to fit your stack to the
windowboundingrect, with geometry as appropriate. To unmaximise you reset
your stack to its minimum dimensions or (if user-resizable) back to the
last dimension set by the user. AFAIK there is no specific command for this.

Martin Baxter