Bug or new feature? - It's A Big Bug!

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jun 8 14:38:05 EDT 2005

Ken Ray wrote:
> On 6/7/05 8:09 PM, "SimPLsol at aol.com" <SimPLsol at aol.com> wrote:
>

>>Ken, Eric,
>>     I have not moved to 2.6, and this would be enough reason not to do so.
>>Does the following also fail in 2.6?
>>
>>on mouseUp (or some other command)
>>     ask <string>
>>     if the result is "Cancel" then exit mouseUp (or whatever command)
>>     continueDoingStuff
>>end mouseUp
>

> Yes, it fails. The reason is that the result is now empty and not the string
> "cancel", so code like this (and code like I use) would not match the 'if'
> check.
>
> I hope RunRev fixes this in 2.6.1...

I read a report from Ivan Aufulich in which he said the Ministry of
Woolen Underwear has received a mandate from the Kremlin to use actual
wool in their undergarments.  It seems Pravda wrote strongly about the
papyrus debacle, in which some in the Ministry felt they could meet
unmeetable deadlines by taking advantage of their special relationship
with oil-producing nations, using papyrus instead of wool. Can we say
itch?  A member of the Duma has leaked a memo to Ivan saying "The
Siberians will have a warmer summer," which of course is Kremlinspeak
for "The problem will be corrected and the people will no longer itch."
  Ivan's report included a reference to "the duck is being cooked, and
already it's savory", which this reporter took to mean he has obtained
one of the new woolen undergarments through circuitous channels and is
now more comfortable.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation