Bug or new feature? - It's A Big Bug!

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Jun 7 21:02:48 EDT 2005

On 6/7/05 1:23 PM, "Éric Miclo" <eric.miclo at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> on myCommand
>    ask question "What do you look for?" as sheet
>    if it is empty or the result is "Cancel" or the result is empty then
>      do nothing
>    else
>      do something
>    end if
> end myCommand
>
> In my opinion, after having a sight at the documentation, it is a
> bug. Am I wrong?

No, Eric, you're right! And this is a bug that will probably bite a lot of
people (including me)...

I can't tell you how many places I've said stuff like:

  ask <string>
  if the result is not "Cancel" then
    put it into tString
    <do something with tString>
  end if

NOW, this will totally fail. It of course works properly in 2.5.1, so it's
definitely a 2.6 bug. Eric, if you don't log it in Bugzilla let me know and
I'll log it. Please mark it as "severe".

Thanks,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/