Problems with Application Icons

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jun 7 20:21:59 EDT 2005

Sarah Reichelt wrote:
 >> Is anyone else having problems allocating an icon to a standalone
 >> application on the Mac?  I've been re-building my application under
 >> v2.6 of Rev and the resulting application has the generic OS X
 >> application icon - even after I've gone into the Standalone settings
 >> and re-confirmed the path of the icon file.  It worked under 2.5.1,
 >> but I'm on OS X 10.4.1  now as well so I guess that more than one
 >> thing has changed here...
 >>
 > I have had this happen a few times and fixed it by zipping the
 > application, trashing the original & unzipping again. This seems to
 > trigger it to read it's plist and re-instate the correct icon.

This is a known problem with OS X.  It was less pronouced in earlier OS
X versions, but happens often in Tiger.

I find just making a copy of the app burbs the Finder enough to get it
to find the icns file.  Some say moving the .app into the Trash and back
out again does it too.

Another thing to look forward to in OS X 10.4.2...

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation