RUNREV 2.6 DOESN'T WORK

Damien Girard dam-pro.girard at laposte.net
Tue Jun 7 10:59:04 EDT 2005

Richard Gaskin a écrit :

> Damien Girard wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I think I will become crazy, but I wait, I am waiting a Runtime
>> Revolution that WORK under linux.
>>
>> Revolution 2.2 work but are bugged with new desktop manager (Gnome,
>> KDE), Revolution 2.5 and 2.5.1 doesn't work at all with the GTK+ Look
>> and feel and Revolution 2.6 doesn't work also.
>>
>> I have got this bug when I want to start Revolution :
>>
>> The runrev loader window is showed "Revolution 2.6", and nothing else is
>> done, I have got only at the bottom right of this window "Loading
>> standard Icons..."
>>
>> So, I just want a Runrev that WORK under linux.
>

> It'll be interesting to read what the lead engineer, Mark Waddingham,
> can offer here.  It's my understanding that his main machine is Linux,
> so I know they're highly motivated to have it work as well there as on
> other platforms.
>
> FWIW, while I don't spent a lot of time with Linux when I have run Rev
> it's worked well, so I suspect the issues you're seeing are either
> related to the installation and/or will be short-lived.
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation
>  Rev tools and more: http://www.fourthworld.com/rev

Runrev doesn't work, it work only in Emulated Look and feel, there
aren't all font under linux, the windowboundingrect are wrong, french
special characters doesn't work ("éùàç...").
And runrev doesn't start if I set good library
(libgdk-x11...,libgtk-x11...,libgobject) for have the GTK look and feel.

The GTK look and feel is good, but he doesn't work. I have tryed with 3
distrobutions, and never I had a Revolution that work.

I understand, there aren't a lot of user of Runrev under linux, but why
? Because runrev isn't the best under linux. (Under MacOS X, yes,
Revolution is very great)

And I say only the true. Maybe, Runrev doesn't support something in a
french linux ?

(Sorry about my english, I'm French)