RUNREV 2.6 DOESN'T WORK

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jun 7 09:34:50 EDT 2005

Damien Girard wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think I will become crazy, but I wait, I am waiting a Runtime
> Revolution that WORK under linux.
>
> Revolution 2.2 work but are bugged with new desktop manager (Gnome,
> KDE), Revolution 2.5 and 2.5.1 doesn't work at all with the GTK+ Look
> and feel and Revolution 2.6 doesn't work also.
>
> I have got this bug when I want to start Revolution :
>
> The runrev loader window is showed "Revolution 2.6", and nothing else is
> done, I have got only at the bottom right of this window "Loading
> standard Icons..."
>
> So, I just want a Runrev that WORK under linux.

It'll be interesting to read what the lead engineer, Mark Waddingham,
can offer here.  It's my understanding that his main machine is Linux,
so I know they're highly motivated to have it work as well there as on
other platforms.

FWIW, while I don't spent a lot of time with Linux when I have run Rev
it's worked well, so I suspect the issues you're seeing are either
related to the installation and/or will be short-lived.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation