File name of stack weirdness

Chris Carroll-Davis chris at carroll-davis.co.uk
Tue Jun 7 04:37:44 EDT 2005

Hello all -

don't want to distract anyone from the serious business of playing
with translucent windows, (well done Runtime on 2.6) but could anyone
shed any light on this???:

If I do:  "get the filename of this stack" on my G5(Tiger) it returns
"/Volumes/Starfish Internal 250/Scripter/filename test/filename
test.app/Contents/MacOS/filename test"  i.e. the full path.

If I run it on G3 laptop(Panther) it returns "/filename test.app/
Contents/MacOS/filename test"
(whereas to be consistent, it should have returned /Volumes/Powerbook
HD/filename test.app/Contents/MacOS/filename test")

This is a big problem for me as I need to pass the path information
to a text file to be read by another (SC) application.

Can anyone offer any advice? Is it a bug?  Is there a workaround?

All the best,

Chris