who's out there?

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Tue Jun 7 02:57:36 EDT 2005

Chipp,

For the third time, removing the breakpoint MAY work but NOT always...

There's a 2nd reference to the breakpoint written in the revcustom
properties
that is not cleaned up.

The only solution in existence is my stack the Breakpoints navigator.

And 2.6 still crashes with these issues (took 2 minutes to findout!)...

You can download the Breakpoints Nav here

http://www.monsieurx.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=180

cheers
Xavier

On 06/06/2005 21:49:29 use-revolution-bounces wrote:
>Chipp:
>
>If you're refering to problems with breakpoints, yes, I did see your
>comment, and I have removed all breakpoints.  Another defect in the IDE
>(breakpoints not moving with lines during edits, as is the case with
>Delphi).
>
>"IMO, finding problems with no known fixes are much more critical than
>ones which can be fixed."  I somewhat agree.  I would agree more
>strongly if Rev came with a ReadMe file that explained all of the ways
>things might screw up and all of the workarounds.  Just letting people
>like me find them by shooting themselves in the foot is not the way to
>get The Rest Of Us to be very happy with Rev.  OTOH, that list might be
>so large that no one would read it <sick grin>
>
>:)
>
>Jon
>

>Chipp Walters wrote:
>
>> Jon,
>>
>> I wrote a succinct reply to this bug, which if you adhere to, will
>> solve this problem. Did you take notice?
>>
>> While it doesn't excuse the bug, it does show that if you have a bit
>> of prior knowledge you can easily sidestep it. IMO, finding problems
>> with no known fixes are much more critical than ones which can be
fixed.

>> best,
>>
>> Chipp
>>
>> Jon wrote:
>>
>>> I'd say when an IDE simply disappears from the screen when you try to
>>> click on the Files menu;

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of
its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER