two questions (was Re: Uh-oh.... Anybody following WWDC?)

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Tue Jun 7 02:52:50 EDT 2005

on the same subject: only fools dont change their mind/opinion...

I've embraced Windows and given the trade-of between eye-candy and speed,
i'll take speed any day. On the GUI side, Moft has made lots of advances
that
no longuer make the Mac superior - actually, given the enterprise world in
which
most computers are used, most of Mac's OS technologies usually come with a
severe problem of "over-simplicity" and the only real advantage i've seen
Mac's
keep is applescripts - but given it's speed and awkward language, it
wasn't hard
to give up...

And now, i run my own MacOS/PC/XOS hybrid GUI on Rev anywhere I go... the
less you
depend on a given technology, the better off you are in the long term and
im quite
happy with my decision 5 years ago to switch to PCs.

As the TAO said: how easily will an inflexible branch break in the wind...

cheers
Xavier

On 06/06/2005 21:42:53 use-revolution-bounces wrote:
>Andre-
>
>Monday, June 6, 2005, 11:47:25 AM, you wrote:
>
>AG> man, I am both afraid and curious.
>
>Me, I'm secretly looking forward to hacking one of these things with
>an overclocked AMD CPU. Whee!
>
>"Think different" is so last year.

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of
its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER