the ScreenRect

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Mon Jun 6 22:25:21 EDT 2005

On Jun 6, 2005, at 10:43 PM, Troy Rollins wrote:

> Having been away for a while (again) I was kind of hoping that one of
> the last couple of updates would have allowed us to get reporting of
> multiple monitors in the ScreenRect property. Still doesn't huh? An
> awful lot of people have more than one monitor these days. I have a
> project which specifically needs to support 2 monitors... hopefully I
> am missing something obvious. If not, does anyone have a viable
> workaround?

Troy,

I know it's a hack but probably theres a way to probe the MacOS X
System using command line tools to see if there's another monitor
attached. The 'scutil' might hold something. I am sure that by finding
the correct key to probe will show the answer. It's not an elegant
solution like 'the detailed screenrect' but I think it might work.
You'll probably be able to probe for aditional monitors and for screen
resolutions.

I am sure this is possible.

andre

> --