who's out there?

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Mon Jun 6 18:43:59 EDT 2005

I had lunch today with a good friend who is a serious Java gear-head.

He says the IDE he uses -- Eclipse (which is open source) -- has
dozens of bugs that require knowledgeable workarounds. "Any
programmer worth his or her salt knows that tiptoeing around these
land mines goes with the territory," he claims.

I think the real problem with Rev is its schizophrenia: it's a fairly
serious developer IDE that tries also to be usable by and accessible
to people with little or no programming training and experience.
Those folks don't have the high level of tolerance for bugs and
quirks that professionals do. They expect things like the IDE to
actually work.

Strange idea, I know.

dan