Uh-oh.... Anybody following WWDC?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Jun 6 18:16:54 EDT 2005

Trevor DeVore wrote:

> I believe you can get an Intel machine from Apple very soon for testing
> if you are a developer.  I thought I read somewhere during the keynote
> that you could get Pentium machine running Tiger in order to test.

Wow, I'd be very surprised if this is the case. Not only would Apple be
providing MANY developers with a PC with custom ROM's which could be
hacked, but also you can just imagine the possibility for the new
systems to be 'leaked' which would/could drive Stevie crazy!

I think I read on their website, they would provide subscribed/paying
developers some sort of ACCESS to these PC's. I'm thinking it'll cost
you over $5K to get such access.

>> 2. ... I expect all software MUST be upgraded when Leopard ships. IMO,
>> this is a big of an upgrade as the OS9 to BSD UNIX OSX.
>

> I don't know that this is correct.  Rosetta seems to take care of
> running current software without any recompile.

Yeah, but it'll be running some sort of morphed code in simulation,
kinda like what VirtualPC does...very slowly.