Uh-oh.... Anybody following WWDC?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Jun 6 18:05:10 EDT 2005

On Jun 6, 2005, at 2:47 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Here's more food for thought on this subject.
>
> 1. When Apple finally rolls out 'Leopard,' how many 'tested on Intel'
> apps do you think there will be? Seeing how Leopard ONLY RUNS ON APPLE
> HARDWARE (see bottom of page: http://tinyurl.com/8vwvz ), how will
> develpers test their apps? I'm sure Apple will seed a few developer
> boxes out there, but the majority of developers will have to 'wait and
> see' how their newly cross-compiled code runs. Not a pretty sight,
> IMO.

I believe you can get an Intel machine from Apple very soon for testing
if you are a developer.  I thought I read somewhere during the keynote
that you could get Pentium machine running Tiger in order to test.

> 2. ... I expect all software MUST be upgraded when Leopard ships. IMO,
> this is a big of an upgrade as the OS9 to BSD UNIX OSX.

I don't know that this is correct.  Rosetta seems to take care of
running current software without any recompile.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com