Uh-oh.... Anybody following WWDC?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Jun 6 14:24:44 EDT 2005

Richard-

Monday, June 6, 2005, 10:49:13 AM, you wrote:

RG> Cheaper faster Macs got you down?

I know you always look on the bright side of things, but...

One thing this means is that developers will have to support Yet
Another Platform - developing for Macs will now mean versions for OS9,
OSX PPC and OSX Leopard. Granted, it just means another build in
runrev, but it increases maintenance headaches for everybody.

Also, Apple is creating a serious hardware problem for itself in the
short run. Boy, am I glad I didn't buy that new mac mini earlier this
year. Would I buy a new PowerPC-based computer, knowing that its CPU
has just been end-of-lifed and that newly-produced software won't run
on it soon? Not on your life.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net