dump newbie image questiosn

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Mon Jun 6 14:06:35 EDT 2005

John Ridge wrote:

>Alex, do you want the good news or the bad news? Well, actually, they're the
>same - your mega photo works just fine in all three modes on my machine (G4
>Mac OS9). It also opens in Apple's PictureViewer. Great camera! The
>resolution at full size is quite something - a steady hand, too, of
>course...

Didn't need that steady a hand - it was taken at 1/500 th at F5.6; Malta
is bright, so even when slightly overcast as it was then, there's a lot
of light around.

>So what the x-platform is going on?

I suspect it's a Windows specific problem - I'm about to try it on other
Windows machines in case it's more specific than that (but all I have
access to today is Win XP machines) ...... Aaaaaargh !

It works fine on both other machines - its a problem specific to MY laptop.
I can't decide if that's good news or bad news :-)

Time to go look for driver updates, etc. - sorry about the extra traffic
on the list ...