Dreamcard Roadster in the future???

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Mon Jun 6 10:59:14 EDT 2005

On Jun 6, 2005, at 9:56 AM, Marty Billingsley wrote:

> I'm so lucky that I maintain the computer lab I teach in, but I
> see a lot of public school teachers with their hands tied.  If
> we'd like to make software for these teachers to use with their
> students, we'll have more success if it's web-deliverable.

Fortunately, there are tools that do that. Don't underestimate the
fantastic expense Macromedia has gone to in order to create, and
maintain, their plugins.

You will also note that all the other applications that make SWF files
(which are not Flash) are extremely limited in their scope - primarily
animation, and simple interactivity. The full range of scripting SWF is
really available to Flash alone.

Piggy-backing, as I've mentioned, would be pretty foolhardy, as it
would be crazy expensive, and it would rely on Adobe/Macromedia not
modifying the plug in.

Perhaps the people operating under the browser limitations are
selecting the wrong tool, and then expecting (or desiring) the tool to
change in ways that are pretty much impossible?

--
Troy