dump newbie image questiosn

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Jun 6 02:45:27 EDT 2005

Jon-

Sunday, June 5, 2005, 8:00:20 PM, Jacque wrote:

JLG> I went to your web page and read up on you. ;) Now that I've looked at
JLG> it, I agree, your viewer is not a standard viewer so I retract my other

Well, I got intrigued and I look in on things, too. I have to agree
with Jacque here - You can certainly do your image viewer in runrev,
but doing it in Transcript is going to be much too slow. You're going
to have to do your image processing in an external DLL for speed.
That's not only doable, but there's an example in the external sdk for
image processing.

However... it's going to complicate any plans you have for
cross-platform compatibility unless you write an external library for
each operating system you want to target. It's also going to
complicate your life a bit since you'll no doubt have to write this in
C. I don't know for sure about creating DLLs in Delphi, but I know
that Borland's C++ Builder can't create the proper format - you just
don't have enough control over the build options.

Sheesh - can't you start off with a *simple* project when you're
learning a new language and development environment? You're as bad as
I am...

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net