HTTPS and Root.pem...

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sun Jun 5 21:19:44 EDT 2005

On Jun 5, 2005, at 3:08 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:

>  error -Error with certificate at depth: 1  issuer   =
> /C=ZA/ST=Western Cape/L=Cape Town/O=Thawte Consulting
> cc/OU=Certification Services Division/CN=Thawte Server
> CA/Email=server-certs at thawte.com  subject  = /C=ZA/O=Thawte Consulting
> (Pty) Ltd./CN=Thawte SSL Domain CA  err 20:unable to get local issuer
> certificate
>
> or they return
>
>  error Error loading CA file and/or directory
> /Users/andregar/Desktop/thawte-roots/Thawte Code Signing CA.cer

I wonder if what you are seeing is not your error, but the server's
error.  The server might be expecting a certificate from the client.
That would be reasonable in a situation like yours where you are using
post.  However, I don't think Revolution can supply a certificate to a
server, yet.  I don't know how to specify it if the ability is there.
That is, maybe the server wants to know you are who you say you are,
too.

That is, it looks like a problem in the local lookup, but "local" to
whom?

Maybe you can sneak up on this.  Try getting a simple https page from a
popular server.  Then try getting a page from the server in question.
If that fails, try it with a web browser; maybe the sever has a bad
cert.  Try a post with some other tool.  Maybe then you have learned
what you need to do the post.

I hope you get this solved before RevCon.  I can then pass all the hard
SSL questions on to you!

Dar