Dreamcard Roadster in the future???

Marty Billingsley marty at vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu
Sun Jun 5 19:57:17 EDT 2005

Troy Rollins <troy at rpsystems.net> writes:

> On Jun 5, 2005, at 2:44 PM, Marty Billingsley wrote:
>
> > I know a lot of people disagree, but Flash isn't going away anytime
> > soon, and just about everyone has the shockwave plugin installed.
> > What's wrong with jumping on that bandwagon?
>
> The two programs are so dissimilar that I can't even imagine where the
> concept is coming from.

How do you mean dissimilar?  The interface is certainly dissimilar,
but the end product can be identical.  Why can't RR offer an
option for saving standalone apps as OS X, Win, Unix or SWF?
(yes, I know swf isn't a "standalone", but it's a separate document
that plays in the browser.)

Now, I don't get into the intricacies of RunRev -- I don't use
sockets with it, or any internet protocol stuff -- but for what
we do in my class, being able to save as a shockwave (flash) file
would be fantastic.

  - marty

--
Marty Billingsley (marty at ucls.uchicago.edu)
The University of Chicago Laboratory Schools