who's out there?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Jun 5 17:39:04 EDT 2005

Dennis-

Sunday, June 5, 2005, 11:26:28 AM, you wrote:

DB> quirks and bugs.  My beef is that it is the casual user --the ones
DB> that can make or break a company by virtue of their numbers --that
DB> will not put up with getting slapped 4 or 5 times on his first day of
DB> use.  He will give up and look elsewhere unless he has a lot of

Thank you.

I've been saying something similar for a long time. There are at least
two classes of new users who need the IDE tweaked (even without fixing
the bugs): professional programmers and casual users. Each needs
different but not conflicting changes made to the IDE in order to get
past that initial learning curve and give them the impetus to keep on.
Once they get to that "Eureka!" moment they're hooked, but getting to
that point without this list to help ain't easy.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net