who's out there?

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 5 14:12:51 EDT 2005

> On Jun 5, 2005, at 10:05 AM, Jon wrote:
>
>> I'm curious.  How many of you use Rev to make a living, and how many
>> of you just play with it.

I am using Rev to build a central processing system for graphics and web
content.  I am a previous Hypercard guy, so Transcript was fairly easy and I
knew what I wanted to achieve.

My collection of Rev tools will not be commercial, but the result of using
them will.  My basic business will be to generate professional-style web
content as Flash movies.  These movies include (jpgs prepped by Photoshop),
combined with ('stage directions' written to a text file by Rev).., all of
which are read by a Flash SWF at runtime in a browser.

My collection of programs that are directed by Rev via Applescript is
(Photoshop, Mac OSX shell, Excel, BBEdit, Entourage, Transmit)

Rev is my core App.  It is my central database, toolbox, file handling,
processing logic, error checking, and log file creation software.  Quite the
Swiss army knife of quick, easy software development.

I will also be adding contact list, client-time logging and project
tracking/billing as time goes by, and, yes, SQL.

Before the end of June I should be up, running, and have many galleries
showing examples of my work.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas
Happily building a business with Rev every day of the week.
Rev 2.5.1 on Mac OSX 10.3.9, virtually no crashes or lost work since
installing 2.5.1 two months ago :-)