Dreamcard Roadster in the future???

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sun Jun 5 11:59:20 EDT 2005

On Jun 5, 2005, at 11:49 AM, Marian Petrides wrote:

> Mind you, like everyone on this list (I suspect), I'm well aware of
> the limitations of web delivery.  But the people above me who make the
> decisions--the folks who are, frankly, only marginally computer
> literate--still see it as a panacea. Some of them are "educable,"
> i.e. can be convinced of the reasons why truly interactive apps are
> better developed as standalone apps, but many may never see the light.

And often, they are quite correct. Standalones are not *always* a
better solution. Frequently, that "convincing" is actually a
self-serving way of saying "my development tool of choice has no
support for browser delivery." Sadly, there are few tools which succeed
at both forms of delivery.

--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.