Dreamcard Roadster in the future???

Lynn Fredricks lynn at paradigmasoft.com
Sun Jun 5 11:44:56 EDT 2005

> > http://www.littlefishsw.co.uk/card/roadster.html
> >
> > I have been surfing supercard websites... my impression:
> >
> > Plenty of very clever changes have been introduced in
> > Dreamcard/revolution, compared to supercard, the IDE
> environment is a
> > lot more practical in revolution (though I agree with
> others on this
> > list that it could still be improved), the products that I
> have seen
> > developed with revolution look more professional than the
> ones developed with supercard.
> >
> > I prefer Dreamcard/Revolution, by far... but the education
> market may
> > polarize on the availability of this Roadster plugin which let them
> > play their stacks over the net. Anybody is trying to address this?

A piece of history! When Allegiant sold off SuperCard to IncWell, Roadster
was already broken. For a while during the 3.x era, the Windows plugin was
updated and much, much more stable than the Mac plugin.

Ken is right, only a subset of SuperCard was supported (and for a while,
more on Windows than Mac!). My feeling is that it didn't quite succeed at
the time since so many internet users were puttering along at early modem
speeds.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software, Inc

Joining Worlds of Information

Deploy True Client-Server Database Solutions
Royalty Free with Valentina Developer Network
http://www.paradigmasoft.com